[RDD] Scheduler, OGG, and Ubuntu

darrick at dcn.davis.ca.us darrick at dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu May 17 19:16:54 EDT 2007

Lucas Wagner wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> We're running Rivendell 0.9.80 with Kubuntu 7.04, and things are
> great; however, I do have a few questions.
>
> 1) I'm compiling from CVS to get scheduler functionality, and it fails
> with:
> checking for Qt... yes:
>    QT_CXXFLAGS=-I/usr/share/qt3/include -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT
>    QT_DIR=/usr/share/qt3
>    QT_LIBS=-L/usr/share/qt3/lib -lqt-mt   -lX11 -lXext -lXmu -lXt -lXi
>    QT_BIN=/usr/share/qt3/bin
>    QT_UIC=/usr/share/qt3/bin/uic
>    QT_MOC=/usr/share/qt3/bin/moc
> checking correct functioning of Qt installation... failure
> configure: error: Failed to find matching components of a complete
>                  Qt installation. Try using more options,
>                  see ./configure --help.
> I've tried specifying pretty much every path possible, but it still
> fails. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Do you have libqt3-mt-dev installed?  Failing that config.log should
give some good insight.  You'll of course need all the other *-dev
packages too but I don't remember those off that top of my head.

> 2) The page on KDRT says that the packages provided have full OGG
> support built-in, but it won't let me enable it in RDAdmin. How would
> I go about doing this?

I guess I need to update that page.  Ogg is still in progress.  I'm
holding off on offering ogg-mpeg-packages because after I posted those
it really muddled development.

So packages from kdrt via the rivendell wiki is a straight compile of
0.9.80.

-- Darrick