[RDD] That damned distortion is back

Rob Landry 41001140 at interpring.com
Thu May 17 18:34:48 EDT 2007

And this time it's on my prototype, which had been on the air for two
months until just now..

The distortion sounds like automobile ignition noise, a sharp buzz that
cuts through the audio. Its volume rises and falls with the sound being
played, and goes away completely during silence.

The Rivendell on the prototype was compiled from cvs back in March;
however, the same problem occurred last week on one of the other machines
which is using the current Rivendell .rpms. All the machines are running
SuSE 10.2 using ALSA and the sound cards are Digigram VX222v2's.

I am running in realtime mode with RealtimePriority=9.

Have any of y'all encountered this problem? If not, what are you doing
differently than I? Should I be running JACK instead of ALSA?

Rob

--
Skvoz grozy siyalo nam solntse svobody  The storm gave way to freedom's sun
I Linus velikiy nam put ozaril          Great Linus illuminating our path