[RDD] FCC license application

Erik Anderson subscribed at hardwaremonkey.com
Tue May 8 11:46:41 EDT 2007

Are you talking about the upcoming NCE application or something else? I
have done many applications for our LP and translator, and have debated
exactly what you are saying: pay for the engineering work and do your
paperwork yourself given that their is no guarantee about the station or
the timing. I am anticipating it will take 4-5 years to process the
applications, and quite honestly, many towers will not be available at
that time and will require modifications to the CP!

Advice: Always, always, always, look at the filings of other stations
that have been approved that are in a similar situation to you. Use
their application as a "second-check" against your own work.