[RDD] Meaasurement Computing boards

Sherrod Munday Sherrod.Munday at SkyAngel.com
Fri May 4 09:20:15 EDT 2007

On Thursday, May 03, 2007 11:15 PM, Rob Landry wrote:
> The latter. The card is actually in, and the unit is test-running on a
> bench, but it's 90 miles away and I can only see it via VNC, so I've no
> idea if those relays are firing.
>
> I won't be able to check it out until Saturday.

Rob:
There's a utility that I think is called 'rdgpiotest'.  It will show you the status of the relays or triggers (depending on how you have set up the cards and what mode they are in at the moment (the GPIO package initializes the entire card as either input or output, whereas technically it's possible to initialize each bank of 8 as either inputs or outputs)).

This is assuming you have something like the PCI-DIO24 that can operate either as inputs or outputs depending on the mode requested and whether you have the pull-up (or pull-down) resistor SIPs installed.  There are other MC cards that offer exclusively inputs or outputs.

If the 'rdgpiotest' is not the correct name you should be able to do a 'locate gpio' and figure out its name.

Another choice would be to grab the source and/or devel packages for the GPIO driver and compile them.  IIRC, you'll end up with 'gpimon' and 'gpomon' (I think those are the correct names) that will look at the input status or allow you to control (and see) the output status of the cards, respectively.  These are the older versions of the test/utility files and were superseded by the 'rdgpiotest' application, IIRC.

--

Sherrod Munday
Dominion Video Satellite, Inc.