[RDD] RDCatch export "grunge"

Erik Anderson subscribed at hardwaremonkey.com
Tue Mar 13 11:45:52 EDT 2007

Fred Gleason wrote:
> On Monday 12 March 2007 18:02, Erik Anderson wrote:
>
>> I have 9.80 running on SuSE 10.2 with the Delta 44 (ALSA, not Jack).
>> 12.18.1-22 for SOX
>>

> The reason I link sox-12.17.4 (a
> rather old version) in all the download sections is because I have tested
> that version and found it to actually work properly in all the ways RD that
> stresses it.  I would try testing with that version first.
Chalk another one up for Fred! Rolling back to 12.17.4 (available as an
RPM on the Rivendell site) fixed the problem completely. For the record,
12.18.1 tacked on extra noise at the beginning and end of the exported
file amounting to approximately 0.3 seconds. Sometimes the noise was
grunge, sometimes, just silence.